6 amazing ways that collagen helps our body
While it's the most abundant protein found in the human body, many people aren't aware of the benefits of collagen. It can be found in bones, muscles, tendons, skin, digestive system, and blood vessels. It gives skin elasticity and holds our joints together. "Think of collagen as the 'glue' that holds your bodies together."
Here are 6 amazing ways that collagen helps our body:
- Improves and strengthens your hair skin teeth and nails - Wrinkles looser skin stretch marks and cellulite can all be the result of lower collagen. When you eat more of it your skin will look firmer and smoother.
- Helps repair leaky gut - If you have a leaky gut where toxins can pass through your digestive tract into the rest of your body it can wreak havoc on your entire system. Collagen can help seal your intestines and heal leaky gut. If you suffer from inflammatory bowel disease of any kind collagen may help your digestion.
- Reduces or prevents joint pain and acts as an anti-inflammatory - Collagen functions much like the oil in a car engine: it helps ligaments tendons and joints glide smoothly. Less collagen can mean swollen stiff and painful joints. Collagen has been shown to help relieve osteoarthritis pain.
- Increases your metabolism and muscle mass - The amino acid glycine found in collagen helps convert glucose into energy and increase lean muscle. More lean muscle means a faster metabolism since muscle burns more calories than fat. Taking vitamin C along with collagen aids this process.
- Helps support your liver and detox systems - Glycine helps protect your liver from toxins and can help repair any liver damage.
- Protects your heart and cardiovascular health - Proline another component of collagen may help repair arteries and clear fat deposits from them. It's also been shown to reduce blood pressure.
How should you supplement collagen?
You can add collagen to your diet by eating foods high in it. The main sources of collagen in your diet will likely be foods high in protein such as beef chicken fish and eggshell membranes. Bone broth is an excellent way to get collagen in your diet.
With so many benefits, it's no wonder that collagen is a hot topic these days. While you can't just pop down to the store and buy any collagen off the shelf, there are some ways to incorporate this protein into your diet on-the-go.
Vital Proteins has created vegan, gluten free Collagen Peptides available in various forms and types which provide all of the essential amino acids necessary for health while also boosting immunity and metabolism!
If you're looking for an easy way to get more healthy protein in your life but don't want any artificial ingredients or sweeteners, try out one of there products today! We hope we've given you plenty of reasons why taking care of yourself should be top priority